New Website

New Website
Featured weddings will now be posted on the new site

Monday, October 5, 2009

Old House

Took a detour on the way home from a job yesterday. Its strange, theres an old back road over some mountains that ive been on a few times but always coming from the same direction. Yesterday i was coming from the other for a change. In doing so i seen so many potential photos that I never noticed before.







These were taken at a derelict house I wondered into. Getting the shot meant walking through a very marshy field waring what might as well be slippers. I also realized that my very light trousers offered no protection from stinging nettles. Finally when I got into the old house I was met by the smell of rotting sheep carcase. (can be seen on the left of the first pic). There was a humming sound throughout the house too. Bee's! Lovely, although i have got stung a few time they dont bother me as much as some people. That said, I do find that sound very intimidating. The stairs looked like it may collapse but I had to see what was up there. The humming got louder as I set up my camera and tripod at the top of the stairs facing into an old bedroom with a big old fireplace. Got a few shots without falling through the floor or getting stung.

A strange thing happened after. Two sheep entered the house and went to the corner of the room downstairs. One lay down and died while I was standing there. The other just stood beside it. It was a strange moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment